I've recently had several people ask me for a single list of what I do for clients. Well, after talking to an industry expert I know I decided it was time to put pen to paper (or, fingers to keyboard) and put it down on permanent record. I probably have made the mistake that if you have read my stuff for some time you know what all I do for clients. To correct that failed assumption it is in one place now. I have listed it below, however, if you want to download a pdf of it you can click on the title of this week's email.
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Develop a written investment policy statement to identify investment objectives and risk profile
- Review your investments and design personalized portfolios to match your goals, timeline and risk tolerance
- Monitor your investments on a daily basis
- Review and evaluate your portfolios on a quarterly or more frequent basis
- Deliver independent, objective advice by a fiduciary, fee-only, Certified Financial Planner™
- Provide 24-hour electronic access to current investment information
- Perform an objective review of asset allocation within your employer provided retirement plan (401k) and implement recommendations
- Semi-annual and annual review meetings.
RETIREMENT INCOME AND DISTRIBUTION PLANNING
- Analyze income needs - now and in retirement
- Develop a written distribution plan
- Develop and implement recommendations to fund your income needs and help maintain a comfortable standard of living
- Recommend strategies to optimize the distributions from employer retirement plans and IRAs.
TAX REDUCTION PLANNING
- Coordinate with your tax preparer for year-round, proactive tax planning.
- Recommend tax solutions, including tax-advantaged solutions
- Construct retirement distribution strategies to optimize tax planning strategies
RISK MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Use cutting-edge technology to evaluate your risk tolerance
- Review life, disability, and long-term care insurance coverage and needs
- Provide an independent insurance needs analysis
ESTATE PLANNING REVIEWS
- Analyze current estate plan
- Collaborate with estate planning attorney
- Ensure respective accounts are titled in accordance with estate planning documents
- Develop Risk Profile to determine if a client is at a higher risk for financial exploitation
- Create formal Financial Caretaking plan to address financial management challenges as client ages
- Establish Proactive Aging Plan related to numerous items related to quality of life
CLIENT SERVICES AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Provide weekly emails developed specifically for Forward Thinking Wealth Management clients
- Distribute special communications, as needed, to address events related to your wealth management needs
- Offer access to Dan Johnson, CFP® - including his personal cell number.